I got all excited the other day, when my chiaroscuro image worked…. So when the sun was shining nicely this morning, I thought I would have another go. Ha! I didn’t have my brain in gear….here are some errors I made.
Firstly, failing to isolate the subject. For some reason, I didn’t check my aperture, and f16 left me with way too much in focus!!
Next – failing to truly appreciate the direction of the light….for the effect I am looking for, I want part of the subject’s face lit. I wasn’t searching the frame as I took this image. Here, a only a portion of hair and the back of the statue are lit…not exactly a good composition. added to which there is a lot of discolouration of the stone in the area of the face, most distracting.
Finally, this one is a bit better, but it’s not up to yesterday’s post because I didn’t get the camera angle right to get sufficient shadow on the face. So, it will be back to the drawing board, and practice, practice. at least I have learnt something from all this!
My wander wasn’t all in vain though, as I found some nice Nature Morte! Coming in a post soon….